Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Day 20 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days!"

 

"Letter of Love"  $75  (6.5" x 7" image)

I’m back from my trip to Spokane to visit my mom, who was very sick.  I left off at Day 19, so here we go. 10 more paintings after this one.  I will finish on Feb. 10th, instead of in January.  Family comes first.  But when I start something, I finish it. 

“Letter of Love” is a painting that evolved all by itself.  The hearts kept showing up.  I always think of my deceased friend, Connie, when a heart appears in my paintings.  In this one, hearts just kept appearing over and over.  I’m wondering if it has to do with my visit to see my mom and my sister. Lots of love. 


Tip #20:  Start with one color only.  Then glaze with its opposite.  I used permanent magenta with a glaze of quinacridone gold.  I love the neutrals that are produced. Below are the steps of this painting.  I actually started this as a horizontal, but when I saw the hearts, I decided to rotate it 90 degrees.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...