Thursday, January 12, 2023

Day 12 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

 

"Proud Heron"  $115  (7" x 11" image)

"Proud Heron"  was so much fun to paint.  I feel so fortunate to be in Florida during the winter months and the colors, blue and green are influencing me greatly.  If interested in this painting, go to karenknutson.com 

I started this painting just like Day 5, where I used the beginning of a Little Abbey (small abstract watercolor collage) as an underpainting.  You can look back to that day on this blog to see directions.

Tip 12:  When drawing a difficult subject, draw 90 degree horizontal or vertical lines near the edge of the subject.  I can see the angle so much easier when I have a 90 degree angle nearby.  Try it!  Below is my lines that help me draw the accurate angle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...