Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Day 10: 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"Everlasting Love"  SOLD  (11" x 15") Acrylic

  “Everlasting Love” is a commission painting that was long OVERDUE.  Now that I’m done, I don’t know why I took so long to get started with it.  It is 11” x 15”, and acrylic on paper.  The process of this painting can be found on my video, that is available through this link.  https://painttube.tv/collections/acrylic/products/karen-knutson-fun-with-acrylics  They have a nice preview if you'd like to think about purchasing it.  They did a nice job with the filming.  I've had great feedback about it.  

Tip #10:  When painting in acrylic, starting with black in the areas that will later be light in value, leaves such a cool effect.  And you can add small dots of water while the second layer is wet, wait 5 minutes, and blot with a paper towel to get the effect below.  Then it's up to you whether you like that, OR if you want to add another layer for depth.  I LOVE acrylics! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...