Thursday, January 5, 2023

Day 5: 30 Paintings in 30 Days!


"Fowl Play"  $125  (7.5" x11") 

 “Fowl Play” was created by using a half done watercolor collage.  I have a pile of what I call, “U-Turn” paintings, that really need to take a U-Turn to be successful.  I really enjoy bringing them back to life, with the use of acrylics. 

Tip #5:  Using "U-Turn Paintings" as an underpainting, and reviving them with acrylic.

Below is the finished painting and the underpainting that I started with. The most important thing to do is to make sure you have a light pathway in the original painting.  Then you draw whatever subject you want on a piece of tracing paper, so you can move it around till it works.  Look for a quiet white spot for positioning the eye and most of the head.  Then you transfer the image onto the collaged underpainting, using Carbon Paper.  (Available at most office supply stores.)  Paint around whatever animal or subject that you drew, using black acrylic, and saving a few abstract lines that will direct the viewer into the animal.  Then, it’s up to you how many layers you add around the subject.  I find thee so fun to do!  I also add lots of wire drawing within it.  (Do a search on my blog for wire drawing to see more examples of it.)






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...