Monday, January 9, 2023

Day 9: 30 paintings in 30 Days!


"Zig While Others Zag"  $85. (7" x 10" image)  


  “Zig while others Zag”  looks like a quilt in many ways.  It’s 7" x 10” and is acrylic.  If interested, it’s available on my website, karenknutson.com 

Tip # 9:  Don’t be afraid to take a risk. Add sewing to your painting! It’s exciting and if it does go bad, you can always paint over it with acrylics.  Whenever I try something new, I always get so excited.  Today, I had 2 pieces of paper that were prepared with matte medium, but they were too small.  So, I decided to sew them together and treat this painting like the quilting I’ve been doing lately. I LOVED sewing into this painting.  After I patched the 2 pieces together, I knew that I needed to repeat the zigzag in a vertical manner too.  This lead me to more ideas for future paintings.  Below is how I started this painting by zigzagging the 2 pieces together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...