Monday, January 2, 2023

Day 2: 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"Chartreuse Color Study"  $65  (8" x 8" image)


This painting I did just for me.  I totally love doing these color studies.  “Chartreuse Color Study” is image 8” x 8” and is available on my website, www.karenknutson.com Every day of January, I will be sharing with you a tip about painting. 

Tip 2: Try using only 3 colors.  You will make great color discoveries and see a glow because the glazes are applied in wet washes where you follow the drip. 
I love these exercises so much and always learn something new. I used lemon yellow, red rose deep, and Antwerp blue.  I loved the chartreuse colors that appeared after a few glazes.  If you want to try some easy 3 color studies, check out my blog. https://karenknutson.blogspot.com/2018/09/color-studies-great-warm-ups.html?m=1 It was posted on Sept 1, 2018.  Below is my first step of this painting. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...