Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Day 11: 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

 

"City Life"  $245  (11" x 15" image)

“City Life”  turned out to be a giant color study.  I didn’t mean to do that, but as I layered, I made all kinds of discoveries about colors.  It’s watercolor on paper.  (11” x 15 Image).  If interested in this painting, it can be found on my website, karenknutson.com 
I am charging special prices just during this challenge.  Afterwards, they will go back up to my normal prices.  

Tip 11:  Prepare the figures using masking fluid.  Let dry completely.  Run your fingers through it to create little holes and texture marks.  I created this process many years ago and when students wanted to do figures in Watercolor like mine that are in acrylic, I made this work.  

Close up of holes made in figures by running your fingers through it.

When you paint over the masked figures, you will want to dig your brush down into the holes, so it will cover.  Be sure to dry thoroughly before removing masking.  Then add more bright colors in the outfits.  I add wire drawing, and trace most of the shapes using an ultra fine tipped permanent marker.  








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...