Friday, January 6, 2023

Day 6: 30 Paintings in 30 Days!


"The Green Apple"  $65  (8" x 8" image)


"The Green Apple” is a watercolor and collage abstract.  I call these little paintings, “Little Abbeys”. (Small abstracts)  I love doing these as warmups.  They teach me good painting habits.  I start out colorful and add collage for special effects, then tie it together with a unifying color.  This painting is available on my website, karenknutson.com  if you are interested.  I’m offering these paintings at lower prices than normal, just during this month.  

Tip of the day:  How to add metallics for that finishing touch.  Using double stick tape, ( I use an ATG gun, with 1/2 " double stick tape)  apply gold foil paper, (or gold reactive foil).  It’s so much easier than gold leaf.  Available at joggles.com It comes in many different colors too!  Fun, fun!  I have a video on my Facebook page, but can't figure out how to put it on this blog, so you will have to look that up there. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...