Friday, February 10, 2023

Day 30 of 30 Day Challenge!

 

"Tell It Like it is"          5" x 7" image

Day 30 of 30 Day Challenge! 

Here we are at the end of another year's challenge. I did it!! I love how much these goals make me grow as an artist. This sketch was all I had time for today. Although I was hoping to have time to add color to this, it is what it is.  This does have my design lesson in it though, so that’s good.   This one will become a Little Fabbey also,       just like the other one I showed you a couple of days ago. I named it, "Tell it like it is" because it looks like this person has said something they shouldn't have. :)
 
Tip #30: I may have said this before, but it bares repeating.  My most important words in design are:  Repetition, variation, and dominance.  Every time I do a painting, I check these 3 words off the list. When I’m stumped as to what is wrong with a painting, one of these 3 words usually solves the problem.  When I have a vertical line, I repeat that either as a shorter line or varying it by making the next one horizontal.  Circles are repeated in different sizes.  When I have a diagonal line leaning toward the right, I make a diagonal line leaning toward the left.  That creates balance.  When all is said and done, one value should dominate.  either texture or calmness should dominate.  Cool or warm... one value should dominate.  You get the idea...  In this sketch I have a light pathway that leads the viewer through the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...