Friday, February 3, 2023

Day 23 of 30 Day Challenge!

"Canoe Trip"    4" x 7" image.    $45


Day 23 of 30 Day Challenge!

This started as a total abstract, but when I got back from it, I saw a person in a canoe, so I named it, Canoe Trip. There are even trees in the background, and that was totally unplanned.  This is a very small painting, image 4” x 7”, and is watercolor, mixed media, and gold embellishments.  If interested, go to karenknutson.com and click on Shop All. 

Tip #23: Adding richer chalk-like texture with Caran d’ Ache water soluble crayons.  I love using them for last minute touches.  The mountains in this painting were done using these neon crayons. Just scribble with them like you use crayons.  Then afterwards, smudge that area using a moist brush, and it will even become more vibrant. 
Sometimes, I make my own paper palette by scribbling little squares on a scrap paper, and then use them for a light easy palette for plein air painting.  I love using these incredible crayons.  Below is the painting before I used the moist brush on it, so you can see the difference from the finished painting above.
Addition of caran de' ache crayons in the mountain area.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...