Sunday, February 5, 2023

Day 25 of 30 Day Challenge

 

"Chicken Little"     9"x 12" image,      $125

Day 25 of 30 Day Challenge!
I did this one backwards.  First I did the wire drawing.  Then I coated the whole paper with matte medium, let dry and then painted with acrylics. Usually, I coat the paper with matte medium first, then I paint a colorful underpainting, then I draw my subject.  It was fun to mix it up!  “Chicken Little” is 9” x 12” image, acrylic on paper.  Available through my website, karenknutson.com  Then click Shop All. 
Tip #25:
Mix up the order that you do things.  It may lead to great discoveries.  I loved the glassy feel of the paper after coating it with matte medium, and I added 3 layers to the background to get the antiqued blue look. Below is the wire drawing beginning.

Beginning stage:  Wire drawing on uncoated paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...