Thursday, February 9, 2023

Day 29 of 30 Day Challenge!

 

"Bike for Mike"      $75         11" x 11" image
Day 29 of 30 Day Challenge:

I’ve had friends staying with me all week, so it’s been hard to keep up.  This morning, I did a really easy one.  This is called, “Bike for Mike”, and is acrylic, image size 11” x 11”. If interested, go to my website, karenknutson.com  and click on Shop All. 
 
Tip of the Day:  Zoom into a subject for a different take on it.  It will be recognizable as a bike without having the whole thing.  Then you can have fun with textures in the background.  I took a close up photo of a bicycle years ago when we were on Mackinac Island, and used it for my reference.  I started this painting with a busy underpainting.  Mine is acrylic, and that process is on my video, which is available through this link.  https://painttube.tv/products/karen-knutson-fun-with-acrylics?_pos=2&_sid=eed455fbe&_ss=r.  Once you get your busy underpainting on, I negative paint around the bicycle.  Then I can glaze with another color to add interest to that color.  Below are the steps of this painting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...