Thursday, February 2, 2023

Day 22 of 30 Day Challenge!

 

"Cardinal Art".      8" x 8" image    $95 

Day 22 of 30 Day Challenge!
Because I’m a bit of a hoarder, (not terrible, but I do like to save things), I keep small pieces of collage papers in a special bag.  This painting was created by using those.  “Cardinal Art” is 8” x 8” image.  If interested go to karenknutson.com and click on Shop All. 

Tip #21:  Tear pieces of collage to about 1 or 2” pieces.  Stack in different colored piles.  Cover the entire sheet of watercolor paper (about 8”x 8”) with acrylic matte medium and quickly position the collage papers on the paper as fast as you can, securing the top with matte medium also to seal the papers.  Let dry.  Draw an animal or whatever simple subject you want and negative paint around it, using acrylic.  This is such a fun process and a great way tp use up tiny papers.  My friend, Nancy was going to throw away a bunch of them when we were at a Paint-in together and I said, I’d take them. She had the rule that anything less than 3 inches got thrown away.  I quickly made a fun painting with her collage pieces, and she said, "Well, I’m going to have to start saving those again.”  My friends call me the Bag Lady, cuz I save everything.  Haha.  Below is my first layer.  Notice how I repeated colors and changed the shapes of the papers.

First layer of collage on paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...