Saturday, February 4, 2023

Day 24 of 30 Paintings!

 

"Snook Haven"     7" x 11"       $95

There’s a special place in Venice, FL called Snook   Haven.  It really feels like you are deep in the jungle.  Our plein air group paints there often. I love the cool atmosphere and the views are incredible. This painting, “Snook Haven” is 7 x 11”, watercolor, painted on location. If interested in this painting, go to karenknutson.com  and click Shop All.  My favorite thing about this is the light pathway. And that is today’s tip. 


Tip #24:  Always look for a way to connect one of the values for linkage. Don’t lift your pencil as you draw.  I like to connect lights , but many artists like linkage of midtones. I like to link the viewer's eyes to at least 3 sides of the painting.  Below is my painting in black and white so you can see the light pathway easier.  

Black and white version of "Snook Haven"

 

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...