Saturday, January 14, 2023

Day 14: 30 Paintings in 30 Days!


 “Changed my Mind”  started as a blind contour drawing.  I had so many directions I wanted to take this.  First, I wanted it to be like a sketch, maybe with painting some grays.  I knew I wanted to doodle, so I stayed true to that wish.  I’m including the original drawing so you can see how much these change. If interested in this painting, it can be found on my website, karenknutson.com 

Tip of the day:  Adding texture.  I like to make diagonal lines at an angle like the left side of a roof.  Then I add opposite diagonal lines, like the right side of the roof.  Then I add straight up lines, and then start over.

Close up view of my favorite doodle

 


















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...