Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 17- 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"Distance between Friends"
Again using a design sketch from last year, I found myself recalling wonderful memories between myself and 3 other friends who paint together once per year.  The story behind this painting might make you wonder about me, but this is a true story.  At that time, I was in the habit of doing 30 minute sketches every day, and even though we were in the Happy Hour of our time together, I grabbed my sketch book and pen and just let myself make up a scene without a plan.  As I was sketching the people, I thought how odd that I had sketched 5 people, when there were only 4 of us there at the Paint-in.  Then, in studying it further, I saw that the 3 people were separated by a fence from the other 2 people. The truth was that one of my friends sho was at the Paint-in, actually was traveling back and forth every day, visiting her husband in the hospital, and therefore, wasn't able to participate in our Paint-in very much.  I truly had nothing in mind when I started this sketch, and look what came out of my subconscious!  I'm thinking that the 2 houses in the background must be the fact that Janice was going from our house to the hospital every day.  Wow, spooky!!! To see my design sketch, click on this link.http://karenknutson.blogspot.com/2012/01/goals-for-new-year.html This painting is 10" x 10" image, and is available for $125.  I intend to paint a huge painting of this image.

5 comments:

  1. I love your work and the story behind it...thanks for looking at my work and commenting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting....it would be wonderful on a 60" x 60" canvas.....really big. I see different objects in your paintings. They are never boring. Always exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, You make this 30 paintings in 30 days look so easy and natural! I think this one came out particularly stunning and I like the story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kay. I won't paint it that big, but will probably use a full sheet watercolor paper, which is 22 x 30. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peggy, that means a lot coming from you. You and I both feel very strongly about good design in a painting.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...