Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 5- 30 Paintings in 30 Days

"Pretty as a Peacock"
It's been awhile since I've done one of my Crazy Ladies.  These are totally out of my imagination, and they are so fun to do.  I saw a peacock feather recently, and thought, wouldn't it be fun to have the feather as a lady's hair?  So, here it is.  I enjoyed the concept so much, that I plan to do more peacock themed paintings.  I knew what colors that I wanted to use, because I had done a design sketch last night, using my Tombow markers.  So, I got out my Stephen Quiller pallette, knowing that I would be able to get the perfect color of aqua for the background.  That was so fun to use those colors again, I may convert back to them again.  They create such glowing colors.  By the way, Stephen Quiller is a great instructor and one of the nicest artists out there!  I took a workshop from him near his home in Creede, CO, and learned so much, plus he invited the whole class out to his studio at his home.  There are so many good teachers out there! Even though I teach workshops all over the country, I still love to take workshops once in awhile too.  I'm teaching how to do people paintings in Rapid City, SD from August 17 - 19th.  Watch for all my workshops on my website.  www.karenknutson.com 
  "Pretty as a Peacock"  is size 10 x 10" (matted to size 17" x 17") and is available for $125 plus shipping.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...