Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 4- 30 paintings in 30 Days!

"Princess Dreams"
This was the hardest painting so far for this challenge.  I almost gave up half way through, but then kept going, so I wouldn't miss a day in this Leslie Saeta 30 day challenge.  This is my daughter and 2 granddaughters.  We've always called our daughter "our princess", so now there are 3 princesses.  That makes me the queen, you understand!  :)  I used a past design sketch (pictured below) for the background idea and that actually made this painting a lot harder, because my painting got way too busy.  So, I had to scrub out many areas and also do unifying glazes to pull shapes together.  This process of painting is called an illusionary effect.  I'm teaching a workshop through the Minnesota Watercolor Society in Hopkins, MN next weekend about this process.  It took me about 5 years to figure out how to do this.  I remember telling my Senior Center class that I was going to figure out how to make things look ghost-like, and that was my major goal at that time, some 24 years ago.  "Princess Dreams" is watercolor, is 10.5" x 10.5", matted to size 17" x 17",and is available for $300, plus shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...