Monday, February 19, 2018

Day 19 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"Meant to Fly"     $75
Original Watercolor and permanent marker      7" x 10"
This started as a wire drawing, and then I decided to add color.  Because I'm surrounded by lots of lime green here in Florida, I decided to start with lime green.  I mixed aureolin yellow and antwerp blue to get a really bright lime color. Below is the first step.  After that first layer, in order to make the wings look a little more transparent, I negative painted leaves, going right through the wings.  I will be teaching "wire drawing" in Bradenton, FL on April 10th and will feature "wire drawing" every day of my Dillman's Resort 4 Day workshop in Lac Du Flambeau, WI in mid June.  For me, Wire Drawing has been life changing!
Step One

4 comments:

  1. Just awesome, Karen! And I love "walking through Time", too
    (and allyourwork)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lot of work this must have been! It is just super Karen.

    I tried to find some youtube videos on wire drawing without success - can you recommend somewhere online I can learn about it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for you reply Karen. I guess I am having trouble with my blog too as your response didn't show up there but I was able to read it in the email. It is too bad that you live so far away as I would love to learn your technique - you need to make a video - lol. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...