Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

"Happy Valentine's Day"
For many years, I have hosted a painting group at my home studio, and every Valentine's Day, we would all paint only one handmade card and then, we would draw numbers to see which card we would get.  Change is hard for me, but sadly, we finally had to stop meeting every Friday, due to "snow birds", teaching schedules, grandchildren duties, etc.  The list goes on forever.  We really LOVED painting together and sharing ideas, and critiquing each other's paintings.  So, we changed our group to a Critique Group and we will be meeting seasonally, (4 times each year).  I just realized this morning that this is the first year in about 15 years, that I didn't paint a Valentine painting.  This one was painted several years ago, but I do like the abstract quality of it.  Maybe I'll get time yet today, to paint a valentine painting.  I love the romance of this holiday, and wish all my blog followers a very Happy Valentines Day! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, Happy Valentine's Day Plus One! I do like your lyrical Valentine's Day painting. It flows so elegantly. Plus, I like the big heart behind the swooping shape..sort of a little surprise.

    You must have had fun with your Valentine's Day art group; nice to have the memory!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...