Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 30- 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"Party Time!"
Can you believe it???!!!  I'm done with the 30 paintings in 30 Day Challenge!  This portrays my excitement for reaching that goal, I think.  I did a contour drawing of some friends,, and then basically doodled with the Elegant Writer pen.  I think this would make a great card!  Now, all my friends are going to be wondering, "Is that me?"  I'll never tell!  What I learned from doing this 30 in 30 challenge:
1. Perserverance pays off!'
2.  It is madatory that you have a very understanding family before attempting this.
3.  Practice makes perfect!  I am a better artist than I was 30 days ago!
4.  Doing a series actually increases my imagination and creativity.  I have so many more ideas of people to paint!
5.  I lost weight during this challenge.  Perhaps staying busy keeps me from snacking????
6. Balance is a must in my life from now on.  Everything else fell by the way side this past month.
7.  It really helps to have friends cheering you on during this huge undertaking.  Thank you dear friends!

Now, what am I going to do with my time?  Organize..... for one thing!  Clean my studio, and I've made a new goal to create a 30 minute daily sketches every single day in the next year, starting now.   I love doing those, and we all have 30 minutes every day!  Hope you'll all keep checking in to see my blog.  I enjoy staying in touch!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, Congratulations and festive painting! I was wondering, it seemed to me that your library of previous 30 minute sketches became a good resource for you, is that so? I liked how you mixed, matched and developed your previous ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have 3 huge sketchbooks full of 30 minute studies. Many people have said that I should make a book of them

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...