Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 28- 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"Statuesque"
Today, I felt like using the Elegant Writer pen and doing a vignette.  OK, I took the easy way out, by letting the bottom of the painting just fade away.  I like it because she might or might not be nude.  Who knows?  I forced myself to use gray tones, and just a little yellow tone added subtly.  I thought she looked almost like a statue when I was done, so that's why I titled it "Statuesque".  I did the sketch of this girl in April, 2011 while waiting for our plane to take off.  And I did the background abstract then too.  We were on the runway for over 30 minutes, all loaded up, but going nowhere.  I was so glad that I had a pen, so I could sketch.  Below are the 2 sketches that I combined to make this painting.  I turned the abstract upside down.  For those who don't know, an elegant writer pen is a marker that smears when you wet it, so it adds great shading.  Karlyn Holman introduced me to it years ago, and I really LOVE working with it.  This painting is 10" x 10" and available for $125.

sketch from April, 2011

Sketch from April, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...