Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Gelli Print Mania!

"Patience"
I'm still enjoying playing with the gelli prints.  This one was a lesson on patience and being reminded of some important rules to good design.  I added the red collage papers (that were from my used acrylic palette) for a center of interest effect.  Then I took a photo to check out my values. (see photo below) The two big circles were contrasting too much with the values there.  So I subdued them with another printing, and that's why I added the light tan color over them. Lastly, I allowed myself to doodle with a permanent marker. Yesterday, at my critique group, we discussed being true to ourselves.  Figuring out what we really love and making it our own!  I love to doodle, and have always loved the paintings of Gustav Klimt. Yes, I think you'll be seeing much more doodling from me in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...