Sunday, July 20, 2014

More Monoprinting!

"Looped"  
I may never buy another collage paper again!  I can make incredible ones all by myself, with the use of monoprinting and the gelli printing pad.  This painting has four layers. I like starting with a dark color, but am still experimenting as to different results.  My hands are a mess, full of acrylic paint.  Glad I don't spend money on manicures!  Anyway, I really recommend that you all give this a try!  Even the ones that don't turn out make wonderful collage papers. 

3 comments:

  1. Karen, I just want you to know that until you mentioned it, I had not heard of gelli printing - but I took the link - two days ago and now I am obsessed with it. I even dreamt about it. I've read gobs of stuff online about monotypes and mono prints - and I've looked at the gelli videos and have been on youtube. I have to wait till next month to buy one of these things. I'm not much of a one for collage [yet] - but I apparently have a natural attraction to monotypes - since I bought 3 of them before I knew what they were. It looks like it will be fun to play with - and my imagination is running wild! Look what you've started! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you do, Jim. I'm going to do some people paintings with this process next.

      Delete
  2. Love these - they look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...