Monday, March 4, 2013

30 Minute Studies, One Year Challenge

"Radiating Beauty"
I again am challenging myself to do a 30 minute study every day for one year! Limiting the time to 30 minutes makes me use bigger shapes, and simplify. These aren't meant to be framed works of art, just studies!  I find that my whole life is in better balance when I do these each day.  And they often lead to paintings later!  Working out the design and colors on a small format is a practice that I really like. So....my one year challenge started on March 2nd.  I won't post every one, just my favorites, OK?  Unlike last year, I will give myself a little more slack when my schedule is busy, and will allow myself to do extra 30 minute studies before the busy days.  But no catch up!  Only thinking ahead sketches.  This one started as a contour drawing from a flower.  I then used Tombow markers to build up the layers of color.  I can't wait to turn this into a big acrylic painting!

1 comment:

  1. When I looked at it I thought of a poinsettia, was that the flower you were drawing? It's a good idea, Karen, and good to be flexible with it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...