Friday, May 15, 2015

Wire Drawings

 
"Flower Child"  watercolor and markers, 11" x 14",  $145
It's been awhile since I've blogged.  Busy with workshops and travels.  This was my demo for a recent home studio workshop. The students did beautiful paintings and were as excited as I was, when they learned how to do these!  It's again the process of what I call, "wire drawings".  I love the imaginative shapes that this process creates.  It's too hard to explain on paper, so you will have to come to one of my workshops to learn the process.  I'm teaching this process in 2 separate workshops coming up.  One is in Watertown, SD on August 26 and 27th.  Contact Jennifer Stone for info on that one:  jstone@wat.midco.net  The other one is  a 3 day workshop from November 3-5th in White Bear Lake, MN. (this is a northern suburb of Minneapolis)  It's packed with info on wire drawings, charcoal pours, and incorporating both these techniques into abstract paintings!  Contact the White Bear Center for the Arts at 651-407-0597.
 

1 comment:

  1. Karen, I am TOTALLY enjoying your class. You have taught me so much. You are a joy as a teacher. You are so relaxed with the class. Also, it is commendable on how much you share. You nose is attached to your face---not up in the air.🎨😄

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...