Saturday, January 3, 2015

Day 3- "30 Paintings in 30 Days"

"The Shy One"        11" x 11"          $145
You never know where a painting is going to head.  I again started this painting by adding globs of paint on the surface.  Then I spread the paint using a credit card. But different than the last 2 paintings, this time, I sprayed some water on it and tilted the paper to let the drips happen slightly. Then I waited 10 minutes before blotting the surface with a paper towel, using a brayer.  When you blot it, white patterns appear where the water had sat.  See photos below. I could see a table in the lower right corner and loved the dripping pattern above it, so I made that into a chair.  Then I decided to add a family standing by the table.   I used Strathmore Aquarius 90 lb. paper today, which I like much better when I use acrylic.  It made a huge difference.  I always prepare my paper with matte medium before starting.  That way, I can rub out white by using alcohol and cotton balls.

8 comments:

  1. I want to try this! Thanks for sharing your process...I will be following. Love and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your process! I love this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thank you for sharing your process, too. I may also try it. Right now I'm painting on old paintings that need a new beginning. Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! LOVE the result!! Your work is simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great painting! I love the surprises that happen with painting too. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...