Friday, January 2, 2015

Day 2: "30 Paintings in 30 Days"

"Hopeful Future"          11"x 11"            SOLD
I started this painting the same as yesterday's, so you can look back on the January 1st post to see the details.  I often will paint 2 paintings at once, so that they will match.  It's a great trick for sales for all of you artists out there!  Clients may either pick their favorite of the 2, OR sometimes they decide to take both of them and hang them either vertically or horizontally.  My husband challenged me to paint more colorful, bright paintings, so watch for some changes in the next few days.  I felt that this painting seemed like the couple are looking out onto the horizon, wondering what tomorrow will bring, so I titled it "Hopeful Future".  Be sure to check out Leslie Saeta's blog, http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com/ to see more of the other artists who accepted her challenge.  966 artists signed up!

5 comments:

  1. I love what you are doing! So much feeling in this one and yesterday's also. Great tip on doing the two together!!!
    Thanks,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your title is perfect. Love the colors in it and gestures of the couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super work, I like the methods you use and the results are splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen! Before I read your text, I saw them as newlyweds, getting ready to board a ship for their honeymoon. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...