Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Challenges are good! Matching eyeballs.

Several months ago, Michaels Craft Store featured a paper tape by Jane Davenport, where the whole roll of tape features
eyes.  I thought it would be fun to challenge my nephew, Ren, who just graduated from High School, to start with the same eye and then we would complete them with our own imaginations.  Below is paper tape roll and my notebook as it appeared in the beginning of the challenge.



Here is my favorite completed drawing, that I call "Robotica".  My nephew, Ren, likes science fiction stuff, so I was trying to think of mechanical images as I did this.  I used my wire drawing skills to get the unusual line work.  It was so fun to do!  The right eye is the paper tape eye.
"Robotica"
6" x 6" wire drawing

Below is Ren's drawing, that started with the same paper tape eye.  He got an art scholarship for college. He is so gifted.  From the time he was 2 years old, he has always sketched almost every day!  I'm a very proud aunt!   Isn't his drawing fantastic?  Doing these will build your imagination and might even lead to a painting. Really fun to do!
Drawing by Ren Nisley








2 comments:

  1. These are very cool Karen and Ren's is just super!. I looked up wire drawing last week and can't say I understand the name - it all looked like pen & ink work to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made up the phrase "Wire Drawings" because the finished drawing looks like a wire sculpture. It is a lengthy prosess to make them look like that. But it's addictive. I love doing them!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...