Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Day 6 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"Trapeze Act"      7" x 10"
Watercolor and Collage     $75
I had a GREAT day today!  Went to Casperson Beach with the Venice Plein Air Club and actually pretended like I knew what I was doing.  I was so nervous to paint with all the pros from this area.  The funny thing was that everyone who I met, immediately stated that they don't know how to paint on location and usually don't like what they do.  I thought to myself, "Who knew?  We are all alike with the same fears and the same feelings of inadequacy."  Anyway, I truly loved the experience.  I did a value sketch first in my small notebook, just to warm up and to figure out my "light Pathway", that I always preach about in my workshops.  It was a beautiful day, 75 degrees, sunny with great long shadows.  I found a shady spot, and painted a quarter sheet watercolor painting of the scene.  It isn't done yet, but so far, I kind of like it.  Anyway, when I got home in the afternoon, I was excited about painting my 30 Day Challenge painting, and this was the outcome.  If you look closely, you will see hearts all over the place.  I did NOT paint them.  They just showed up.  My late friend, Connie Cuthbertson used to collect heart rocks, and now that she is passed on, I know when hearts show up in my painting, it means that she is with me.  I really believe that.  Anyway, after I completed this painting, I thought it resembled a trapeze act, thus the title. 

7 comments:

  1. Really adore this painting. Love the swerving movements that keep my eye running around to try to find more interesting marks. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. Always so nice to hear positive comments when I'm doing this 30 Day challenge. Thanks for being one of my cheerleaders. :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, I see the hearts! Very cool!

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is gorgeous, Karen, and loved your story about your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each painting is more and more interesting than the last and each requires more study. Every time I look I see something different! Super piece Karen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! That’s the beauty of abstracts. We all get to make up our own story. Tomorrow’s painting is really complicated. 😀

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! Love the story about the day, plain air would be scary to get started, good job on being brave! In all my insecurities in my life, I always find artists to be the most supportive and I feel most comfortable around them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...