Friday, February 2, 2018

Day 2 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"Flags Waving"       Image:  7" x 10"
Original Watercolor and Collage     $75

This is a companion painting for yesterday's painting, "Bridge over Troubled Waters".  I used Cobalt turquoise, raw sienna, burnt sienna, and quinacridone gold for both paintings.  Limited pallette is one way to avoid color troubles.  We are now in Florida, enjoying our escape from winter weather, so I expect my colors to change dramatically.   Full disclosure: These first 2 paintings, I had done ahead, knowing that I would be traveling for 4 days to get down here.  :)

8 comments:

  1. I am curious as to your thought process of how you begin a composition such as this. Do you have an idea that you wish to express? Do you start making brushstrokes and then see where it takes you? It seems so very freeing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These start with a dry brush technique, and then I add Collage after that . I will try to show some steps in later posts.

      Delete
  2. I forgot to say how much I enjoyed your painting;)
    By the way, where in Florida?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are renting a house in Venice, FL. Love it here! I’m teaching in Fort Myers in February and in Bradenton in March and April. If you live close, join us!

      Delete
  3. I really like the colours you have chosen for these two pieces, Karen - a great combo. I will look forward to posts about your process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Hoping to try many different color combinations!

      Delete
  4. Karen, these remind me of your "Little Abbies" just bigger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are similar but because they are bigger, the process is different, Janet.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...