Sunday, January 4, 2015

Day 4: "30 Paintings in 30 Days"

"Boys will be Boys"           11" x 11"              $145
This painting was started just like yesterday's painting, using acrylic paint. It's pictured below.  (See Day 3 for detailed explanation.)  By the way, Carole Barnes was the instructor who taught me how to start with a wild underpainting, and she also was the one who influenced me to use Aquarius Strathmore paper when I do acrylic paintings.  I highly recommend her as an abstract acrylic instructor!  My goal when I started this challenge was to add figures to abstract background and to try to stay loose.  I kind of forgot that last goal today.  Some habits are hard to break. :)  But I was really pleased with the colors!   I named this painting due to the two boys pushing each other.  Yes, boys will be boys!

7 comments:

  1. Another stunning painting, I love the method you are using and will give it a try myself (I don't expect my results to be a tenth as good, lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors, it's so interesting to see your abstract underpainting. Beautiful finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really catches my eye. Beautiful painting Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm enjoying your paintings for the challenge! Interesting work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I love this challenge even if it just about does me in! Tomorrow I will post a painting that took me 6 hours to paintSome days are like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing how your pieces start out and how they end up. Such a treat to the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, and your process sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...