Thursday, January 29, 2015

Day 30 of "30 Paintings in 30 Days"

"Cheers"              11" x 11"             $145 SOLD
Acrylic on paper
Wow!  I made it!  I wanted to do a toast to all the friends and family who have supported me in this 30 Day Challenge, hosted by Leslie Saeta.  So here's to all of you!  Cheers! :)  It's been quite a ride!  I always wonder if I will do it again next year.  I've done this for 3 years in a row, every January.  I challenged myself to painting figures with abstract backgrounds and I have to say that I really learned a lot!  Yes, I'm glad I did the challenge, and I'll probably do it again next year.  I could really feel the fatigue this year, far more than any other year, so I may have to find a way to make my paintings more simple.  You know how well I do simple....NOT.  Below is my value study (only 2 values) that  really helped me as I selected colors.  I wasn't "feeling" which colors to use in this painting, so finally, I grabbed a napkin that had colors that I liked and that really helped me out.  Try it! BTW, the figure on the left is ME, and the right figure is a good friend.  Wonder if she will know this is her?

8 comments:

  1. Cheers to you! Learned a lot looking at your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I raise a glass in return. Your figures are great and love how you work on top of an abstract. Something I need to learn to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers to you too! I have really enjoyed seeing your work and the way you do it, it has been fascinating and has given me some ideas to try too. Well done on completing the 30 in 30 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen - you amaze me, how much you do in prep and plan each day - wow! This one is a great finale! Cheers - we did it! Loved looking at your collages and paintings - and I will continue to keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers! Thanks so much for sharing your WIP with us, I know that takes quite a bit of time, the writing and all. Very informative, and maybe with the repetition, some of those ideas with sick in my forgetful brain. Awesome work this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so enjoyed watching your posts this month. They have definitely made an impression! Gorgeous body of work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I don't know if you are going to see my reply post or not, but in case you do, I sure hope we stay in touch in the coming months. It's been fun to meet new art friends who have the same passion for art as I do! Congrats to you all for completing the 30 in 30 Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...so sad this is sold. I so enjoyed looking at your website tonight. Your figures paintings are so strong.I enjoyed seeing your progression. Great work.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...