Monday, January 26, 2015

Day 27 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"Being in the Moment"        11" x 11" image          $145
Acrylic painting on paper
This painting started as a wild underpainting, as explained on Day 3 of my blog.  I squirted both heavy body acrylics and liquid acrylics onto a prepared paper, and spread them out, using a credit card.  Then I sprinkled it with water and let that set for at least 5 minutes before wiping away the water.  This created light spots.  Both steps are pictured below.  This painting is actually someone that I know from a Paint-in.  I actually used the composition from my photo, and lots the different angles.  The stairs created a good interest point for her to sit.  To her right, is a painting done by a dear friend of mine, Connie.  I loved the angle of the snow scene, being an opposite angle to the stairway.  Good design, and that was how the photo had it!  Rare when that happens.  I abstracted the area beside her head, and changed her dress color, so that I could paint my favorite color, red!

7 comments:

  1. Sleep, perchance to dream....3 more days. Oh, nice tribute to your friend Connie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing major art! I don't know how you do it everyday. Your pieces are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have astounded me with the quality of your work, every single day - this one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in awe of the work you are doing. To create these detailed pieces each day... incredible, really!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous composition. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...