Sunday, January 25, 2015

Day 26 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"Heading for Happy Hour"       11" x 11"image       $145
Collage and acrylic on paper
I used the same value pattern as my last painting, "Suits".  But this time, I collaged with medium toned papers in the dark areas.  I forgot to take a  photo in this early stage.  I applied the collage papers using acrylic matte medium.   In the light areas, I tore up newspaper and collaged it in all different directions, so that the print wouldn't be readable.  I then painted a thin layer of gesso over the newspaper to make it a little whiter.  I like this painting, because the figures look transparent where they overlap the background.  Which painting do you like better--"Suits" or this one? They actually look pretty cool hanging together.  If you purchase both paintings, I give 10% off.

3 comments:

  1. I can't choose, they will have to sell together! I love the transparent effect - it makes the viewer linger longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! All of these paintings are absolutely beautiful! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...