Friday, January 23, 2015

Day 24 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"Deep in Thought"            11" x 11"            $145  SOLD
Watercolor, acrylic and permanent marker

After yesterday's detailed painting, I just wanted to do an easy painting, and even though these "wire drawings" are time consuming, they are easier for me than other paintings, as far as design, color choices, etc.  I made a discovery today!  I did 2 layers of blue watercolor and was disappointed in the color.  I knew that there was no way for me to get the color of light teal that I wanted, if I continued to use watercolor, so I switched to acrylic for the blue color.  But I first wet each area quickly with a brush, then applied the acrylic really fast, and let it drip.  The granulation was so cool!!!  I definitely will be doing this technique again.  I hope you can zoom in and see what I mean.  My favorite part of this painting is the doodling within her dress and I also like her hair.

8 comments:

  1. Karen, I like all the detail in this one. It is simple but yet there is so much to look at. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Polly. I wish you lived closer so I could teach you how to do wire drawing. I know you would love doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shows your absolute skill - her mind is racing, yet she's contemplative; the colour is cool, yet warm. I love your work, Karen, and your uniqueness. Great job!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this painting and the technique and well, just everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely fantastic - probably my favourite so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Her expression, the details, the colors... terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this one too. I am curious about the wire drawing, it has so much depth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW I totally love this. The hair is amazing. Beautiful flow and design. Congratulations on how much you've done this challenge! I was going to do it but then I had a burst of inspiration in ink so I stuck to that instead. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...