Monday, January 19, 2015

Day 19 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"Good Day at the Office"        11" x 11"image        $195
watercolor and permanent marker

Can someone tell me the meaning of the word "Easy"?  I totally meant to do an easy painting, since I was babysitting my granddaughters most of the day, and knew I wouldn't have much time to paint.  But, no, I had to start doodling!  And that takes hours!  I actually needed to go to bed last night with it unfinished and complete it this morning.  But the outcome is totally worth it!  This is another of my wire drawings.  I've been trying to take them to the next level.  My goal was to make them look more dimensional and to integrate the color with the drawing aspect of this technique.  I'm really pleased with the results.  By the way, I'm SO EXCITED to be 2/3 completed with this challenge.  Below are paintings 9-18.  It's been a great ride, but I really am getting exhausted.  On a good note, my art abilities have grown and the ideas are endless. 



4 comments:

  1. Congrats on selling so many of your challenge. It is more challenging as we get more into this challenge but as you said, there is a lot to learn in the process. See you at the finish line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, but the doodly bits are perfect and make the painting much more distinctly yours. Thank goodness we are two-thirds through, I too am quite exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the exhausted. I was supposed to attend a workshop this past week end, It was cancelled. I was counting on it for and injection of creativity and new work. But, I'm glad I didn't have that extra on my plate, keeping up with the challenge is quite enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your washes, and doodles. So modern, and yet classic.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...