Saturday, January 17, 2015

Day 17 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"Whatever Works"          11" x 11" image           $145
I was up late last night working on this one, due to being on the phone with technical staff about computer problems.  I finally had to go to bed with it unfinished and get up early this morning to finish it.  So, the title kind of has a double meaning to me.  This lady has it going on.... So glad that I'm not in the dating scene anymore.  Below is the under painting and the value sketch that I used for my map while painting.  Martini anyone?

8 comments:

  1. So would this process work with watercolor?? I am thinking it wouldn't because it would not cover the collage part as easily. BTW , I love t his one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, this won't work with watercolor, although maybe if you started with a really light glaze, maybe.... You should try acrylics, Polly. They are so fun!

      Delete
  2. It is fabulous, I love the sgraffito behind the figure, bring out the underpainting so subtly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments, Rolina. It spurs me on!

      Delete
  3. Another stunner! Just beautiful, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful. Thank you for sharing your process and your photos of the background and the value sketches.
    Your work is just so dynamic and creative, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thumbs up. Wish I'd seen your work earlier in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...