Friday, January 16, 2015

Day 16 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days!

"Quiet Moment Together"            11" X 11"       SOLD
Acrylic and Collage
Knowing I had to leave my studio in the mid afternoon, I tried to keep today's painting more simple.  Have you ever had tiny pieces of collage papers that you've thrown away?  I use them in a complicated paper collage.  AnneBagby taught me how to do this on her DVD.  Placing the collage papers randomly over the entire surface, I have my "under painting".  I use acrylic matte medium to adhere them to the paper.  It is pictured below.  Then I draw my subject on tracing paper, placing the center of interest wherever I like the collage papers the best.  After my complete drawing is on the tracing paper, I get a print of the drawing that is only 25% of it's size.  I then make a 3 value sketch on the new small copy.  For me, I HAVE to do this on these paintings, because you are actually painting where the lights are.  Below is my value sketch too.



5 comments:

  1. It is fascinating to see how you work, it is very successful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mixed media pieces are so interesting....makes me want to hang up the oils for a couple of days and tackle one. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kay. Yes, these collage pieces are a blast to paint!

      Delete
  3. Love this one. Love the warm tones playing off the black and white :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...