Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Drawing Challenge, Day 11

Today's challenge was to select a subject where we would have both negative and positive shapes.  As I was waiting in the optometrist office, while my eyes were being dilated, I thought it was the perfect time to sketch the fern that was growing in the middle of the room.  Now, this was a CHALLENGE!!!  I got lost so many times, but really did enjoy doing it.  And it was filled with lots of negative shapes as well as positive shapes. I cheated and added some thicker lines on some of the drawing, so that it would look better.  I happen to know that trick.  Variety in lines looks so much better.  Don't tell Kathie George. :)  Be sure to check her website to read all about this challenge.  She's a great writer and really a fantastic teacher too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...