Sunday, October 2, 2011

30 Minute Studies- ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!

Today, October 2nd, marks exactly one year since I gave myself a challenge- to do a 30 minute study every single day.  Actually, I started out with only a 90 day challenge, but upon completing that, I decided to keep it up and today marks one year!!!!  I can't begin to tell you how this has improved my artwork.  And I also can tell you from my experience, that this has made my whole life better in every way!  This is the first time that I've ever really completed a promise to myself.  That's really BIG in my book.  I think we're all like that, putting ourselves last.  So, I'm very proud that for once, I really fulfilled my promise to myself.  (I have to confess that I did miss 4 days within this year.  But that was because I totally forgot!  Otherwise, I accepted NO EXCUSES, no matter how tired I was, or whatever else was going on.) 
We went on  trip to Fargo, ND this weekend, and saw lots of cornfields and barns on the way.  So, I thought that this scene would be best to post as my first study.  I actually did this on January 9, 2011.  I try to write a little paragraph by each study, so that I can look back and see what influenced my choice of subject, and also to see how life really does influence your artwork. 

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Karen! Love the barn and I look forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Blogspot, Karen! It'll be fun to "follow" your art journey. I think the 30 minute parameter for a painting is the hard part. For me, it would stretch into hours. SO that is the perfect exercise for a pokey painter like me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your blog. and your one year anniversary! I look forward to being inspired by you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...